King Sark; more than an artist


 My encounter with Sarkodie 2012


In 2011 while I was in Deks Educational Institute as student, everyone was about sarkodie. I lived in Golf City at the time but my School environment made me addicted to sarkodie's music. Community 7,8 and 9 were flooded with the sarkodie virus. Regardless of age, gender and religion. I had come from outside Ghana in 2007 and I spoke zero twi but before I knew it, I could rap babe from A to Z. 

In 2012, one Saturday I closed from classes and I took the route behind my school through to C8 and I met Sarkodie seated in a car with Angel parked in front of a house. At the time all I had was animal farm, a book I loved so much but I also knew I had to take an autograph from sarkodie. I contemplated a bit because my books are inspected but decided that it was worth it. I moved to the car, greeted the two gentlemen and I asked Sarkodie to sign on Animal farm and he did, maybe he remembers and maybe not. Early on Monday I was everywhere showing Sarkodie's autograph to friends and before I knew it, someone had stolen the book.

From then, my love for Sarkodie only grew founder and founder and I believed in his dream. This was the beginning and it was all about the music.

2012-2021 (Building consistency and staying relevant)

Between 2012 and 2021, Sarkodie successfully transitioned to King Sark. This period brought about many challenges and sweet victories. Over 105 awards won including 2 times BET from 191 nomination. Sold out Apollo and organized the biggest virtual concert.

What's most fascinating about the success? Sarkodie built three personalities from himself. A father, a musician and a business man. Many would envy his transform but only few would replicate same. There's so much to learn from this brand and for me as a Sarkodie fan, it goes beyond the music. 

"Negga been putting in the work..." And "40 verses I record in a day..." From his latest No pressure album tells the whole story. He worked his ass off to build the beauty everyone is praising today.

King Sark the Trinity

#1 A loving father



Sarkodie's relationship as far as family and friends are concerned is a simple one. Many said he wasn't going to Mary Tracy, many said he was going to change his manager. Today, they've lost their voices. Kennedy, Despite and Gabby are friends with Sarkodie for a reason. A descent family and friends network is what he has built for himself.

#2 A celebrity and A Superstar



Not your relgar celebrity. Through his music, videos and albums, Sarkodie has entertained many people. hit-on-hit every single time. If it's not perfect then it's not good enough. From London to New York, from Nigeria to Tanzania and from Kenya to Ethiopia man's been trending. Quality music nkwwaaaaaa!!! The love keeps growing and fan base keeps increasing like tugimi. Everyone wants to see obidi.

#3 Business man



The transformation of King Sark into a corporate person was highly unexpected and indeed even a prophet would not see it coming but it was necessary. Businesses need to reach customers with products and services and King Sark has the following. A collaboration was just inevitable. When Sarkodie walks into a corporate environment to discus business or to pitch a proposal, I bet you'd mistake him for a CEO, no wonder he's friends with Prince Kofi Amoabeng. 

---Alem---

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post